To establish a pool of four faculty members, two of whom are replaced each year, the following process will be utilized:
- The Dean will appoint two faculty members (one from the pre-clinical faculty and the alternate from the clinical faculty) to serve a two-year term, and two faculty members (one clinical, one alternate pre-clinical) to serve a one-year term.
- After one year, two more faculty members (one clinical and one preclinical alternate) will be appointed by the Dean for full two-year terms. Members who served during the first year for a one-year term will be eligible for reappointment.
- From that time forward, each appointed member could serve no more than two years without reappointment by the Dean.
- Faculty members will be limited to three consecutive terms.
- An Assistant or Associate Dean in the School of Medicine will function as an ad hoc advisor to the Council indefinitely in order to provide guidance and continuity in the day to day operations of the Council. The Assistant or Associate Dean will not be directly involved in investigations and/or hearings but will serve primarily in an administrative role facilitating contact between faculty advisors, students, and Council members.
- Vacancies will be filled by appointments by the Dean.