To be eligible to receive the degree of Doctor of Medicine from Emory University School of Medicine, students must:
- Have credit for four academic years in an approved medical school program, with at least the last two years of study undertaken at Emory University School of Medicine;
- Have attained satisfactory standing in all courses required for the degree;
- Have passed Step 1 of the USMLE; (To be taken by February 1) prior to the Applications Phase; for MD/PhD students prior to beginning their graduate PhD studies;
- Have passed Step 2CK of the USMLE (to be taken by January 30th of your M4/Senior Year);
- Have passed Step 2 CS of the USMLE (to be taken By October 31 of your M4/Senior Year); for MD/PhD students by then end of January of your M4/Senior Year:
- Have completed all academic requirements within no more than six (6) academic years;
- Be of good moral character.
The judgment of the faculty as to the fitness of an applicant for the degree is based not only upon scholastic achievement alone but also upon knowledge of the applicant’s character, professionalism, general attitude, and abilities.
Finally, each senior student must be approved for graduation by the Dean and Council of Chairs.