In order to be considered for the Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or Canada, including above average performance in required premed prerequisite coursework. A “C” or better is required in all prerequisites courses.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 grading scale. A GPA of 3.1 highly is preferred.
Emory AA Program Prerequisites
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- One semester of English
- Two semesters of general biology with laboratory
- Two semesters of general chemistry with laboratory
- One semesters of human anatomy with cadaver or other laboratory OR two semesters of anatomy and physiology combined course with laboratory
- One semester of organic chemistry with laboratory
- One semester biochemistry
- Two semesters of general physics (lab recommended)
- One semester of calculus
- Either the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Records Admission Test Examination (GRE)
- Onsite Interview at the Anesthesiology Assistant Program in Atlanta, GA (Invitation Only)
Courses strongly preferred, but not required
- One semester of human physiology
- One semester of statistics
- One semester of cellular biology
- One semester of molecular biology
- One semester of organic chemistry II
- Advanced placement credits that appear on official transcripts may be considered based on courses, scores, and student's overall undergraduate performance.
- Survey courses are not accepted.
- Advanced level courses preferred.
- Pass/Fail course grades for required prerequisites will not be accepted.
- Prerequisite courses may be in progress at the time of application. Proof of enrollment is required.
- Acceptance into the program is contingent upon successful completion of all prerequisite courses before matriculation (with a letter grade of "C" or better).
- Re-applicants to the AA Program must complete all newly listed prerequisite requirements.
- Prerequisite courses may be taken with any accredited two-year, technical or online institution.
- The Emory AA Program does not have a deadline date on prerequisite coursework; however, we encourage applicants to revisit science and math courses that are seven years or older.
Exemptions will not be made for required prerequisite coursework regardless of employment background, academic degrees or professional certifications received.