CASAA (Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants) is the online application service for all Master’s level Anesthesiologist Assistant education programs in the US. Through CASAA, prospective students may use a single web-based application and one set of materials to apply to multiple programs. To begin application process, please read the program information provided, and create an account in CASAA and complete the Emory Supplemental application. Many of your questions about the Emory AA Program can be answered using the program website. Please feel free to contact the program office at 404-727-5910 if you need additional assistance.
How to Apply
The Emory Master of Medical Science Program in Anesthesiology process is comprised of two online application/s (CASAA and the Emory supplementary) and the supporting materials listed below. Please see the admissions calendar for deadline dates (Admissions Calendar). The information below outlines the items necessary to complete our application process. For more information on each specific element of the application, visit each listed tab and provided links.
- Complete Common AA Program Application – CASAA – Safari and Chrome browsers recommended. A non-refundable application fee of $160.00 is required (see fee chart in CASAA). Reapplicants, please see the reapplication tab.
- Complete the Emory AA Program Supplemental online application– Click Here. Create your account and complete the application online. A non-refundable application fee of $65.00 is required before submitting (this fee is additional to the required CASAA fees).
- Instructions for the Emory supplemental application and the supporting documents are in PDF files. To view and print the PDF files, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
- Emory AA Program Admissions uses Google as its main email and calendaring resource. It is required that you create a free Google account if you do not already have one. To create a free Google account, please– Click Here
- After the Emory supplemental online application is received and processed, applicants will begin receiving update notices via email regarding the status of an application and a list of the items received and processed.
- All prerequisite courses and degree programs must be complete and reported on an official transcript by the end of the spring semester before the program start date.
- Academic programs and prerequisite courses may be in progress during the application process. Students are welcome to take prerequisite coursework with accredited online programs and local two- year institutions.
- View and print the Application Checklist. Include a completed copy of this checklist with your supporting documents to ensure completion.
- Manage needed references in CASAA. Do this as soon as possible because your application will not be considered complete until all three references are received and processed. Please share your overall competitiveness, application progress and application status with your references before asking them to make contact with the AA Program on your behalf (Academic and professional preferred).
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions should be sent directly to CASAA (if accepted, complete official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions will be requested for your program file).
- Emory AA Program GRE Designated Institution (DI) Code is 5692. Educational Testing Service (ETS) will transmit official GRE scores electronically to the Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants (CASAA) up to twice a week for all test takers who designate the program as a score recipient. If you have not taken the GRE, it will behoove you to explore early June- August test dates to assure official processing in CASAA (unofficial test scores will not be accepted). See processing time terms and conditions in CASAA.
- Official MCAT scores should be reported in CASAA and a copy of your MCAT score report with your verification number should be sent to the program office with your supporting documents listed below.
- Double check the application information before submitting (use your updated transcript/s to complete both applications, please do not guess or leave items incomplete; plus and minus information is not required). Incomplete applications will not be considered (use IP for courses in progress at the time of application or not yet available for registration (proof of enrollment is required after course registration – unofficial documents will suffice).
- Send a current, full color passport-sized photograph with your supporting documents below, which is readily available from Kinko's- Walgreens- CVS or similar businesses (Include your last, first name on the back of the photo and feel free to smile). Do not make a copy your official passport picture.
- Print, complete, sign, date and send all seven supporting documents and CBC PDF (note: some documents are to be notarized) to the AA Program mailing address.
Supporting Documents (PDF)
All supporting documents should be mailed to:
Master of Medical Science Program in Anesthesiology
57 Executive Park South - Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30329
The applicant is solely responsible for completion of his/her application. The Program is not responsible for deficiencies due to the US Postal Service or third parties in order to complete an applicant's request for supporting documents. Failure to provide complete and accurate information or providing false information will result in immediate withdrawal from admissions consideration.
The Emory AA Program does not provide admission or coursework exceptions to those that are interested in applying to the program and currently hold MA, PhD or MD degrees or certifications. All applicants are expected to meet our general requirements in order to be considered for a position with the program.
Emory University reserves the right to select for admission those applicants it deems best qualified for admission, while complying with all applicable laws. Emory University reserves the right to determine program size and/or cancel the program. All applicants should be aware that gaining admissions to the Emory Anesthesiologist Assistant Program is highly competitive. No applicants are guaranteed admissions to the program, even when the general requirements are met.
If selected into the Emory AA program, non-refundable fees to include a $500.00 acceptance fee and a $500.00 tuition fee will be applied to the student’s first semester tuition. If an applicant withdraws his/her acceptance or encounters circumstances that prevent his/her matriculation, only amounts paid over the acceptance fee and tuition fee will be refunded.