The Emory University School of Medicine is committed to excellence in medical education, biomedical research and patient care.
The Emory University School of Medicine seeks to develop leaders in medicine, science, and clinical care by fostering a culture that integrates and recognizes the interdependence of biomedical science and the delivery of health care.
This goal encompasses the following objectives:
- To provide outstanding educational programs in health and biomedical sciences;
- To create new knowledge leading to innovative technology and treatments and to integrate them into the practice of medicine;
- To advance the detection, treatment and prevention of disease processes;
- To teach and exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior; and
- To develop outstanding clinicians who provide quality patient care that assures compassion and concern and serves the needs of the community.