Policy: It is the policy of the Office of Graduate Medical Education of Emory University School of Medicine to provide valid and fair procedures to departments that desire to establish new, ACGME accredited training programs.
- Establish the clinical need for the program at local, regional and national levels,
- Determine the impact of the new program on other training programs,
- Develop the residents' rotational schedule,
- Develop the FTE budget by hospital on the rotational schedule,
- Suggest possible sources of funding, including the department, for GME follow-up,
- Inform the GME Committee how the program determined the number of residents per year and the total number of residents,
- Describe the didactic structure including at least the core curriculum educational structure, goals and objectives and assessment tools,
- Assure that the Program Director's qualifications meet RRC guidelines,
- Assure that an adequate administrative structure and support are available,
- Assure that key faculty members are available and that their absences from other programs do not create adverse effects,
- Estimate resident duty hours and describe the system of monitoring duty hours and
- Include etters of support from programs providing required rotations and from programs that could be affected.