Incoming residents and fellows are required to go through Online Orientation at the Emory PeopleSoft pre-hire website (http://www.hr.emory.edu/Orientation). All required documents must be submitted to the GME office by April 30 of your incoming year. Use your Emory NetID and refer to your contract package cover letter for log in instrucitons.
Incoming residents and fellows are required to attend one full day of GME Orientation, which is usually scheduled in the last week of June. The 2016 Orientation dates are June 27, 29, and 30. Please check with your Program Coordinator for your assigned date. You may come to Orientation on that day only.
Things you must bring to Orientation:
1. Identification Documentation: Orginial of your actual !-9 verification ID documentation PLUS ONE COPY.
2. Emory Parking: Completed Emory Parking Registration Form or follow instructions below for advanced registration if you are not currently an active Emory student or employee:
New Resident/Fellow Online Parking Registration for Emory Main Campus: Online parking registration is available April 17, 2017 through June 15, 2017. Use your Emory University NetID and Password to register here. Your vehicle tag information is required. You may register a temporary tag (such as a rental car) but MUST update your tag info ASAP to avoid a parking ticket.
You have the option to choose one of the two options below for parking:
Your Emory Main Campus Parking Permits will be distributed during your GME Orientation if registration is completed BEFORE June 16. Parking registration for Grady hospital will be distributed during GME Orientation. Information for parking on other training sites will be available through your program coordinator.
If you are currently active in the Emory system (either as a student or faculty), you will NOT be able to register with this online system. It prevents interruption to your current parking privileges. Registration forms will be available at Orientation so that you can register on that day. You may register in advance if you do not currently park on campus by contacting the Parking Office directly.
All Emory parking questions should be addressed to the Emory Parking Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404.727.7275 (727.PARK).
3. Grady Parking: $10 (cash or check payable to AAA parking) to obtain Grady parking permit.
1. New Innovations for Residents - Guide to using GME database
2. Emory Healthcare Risk Summary - Office of Quality and Risk
3. Avoiding Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
4. Emory Pharmacy Resident On-Call Program
5. Education Debt Management for Residents
6. Emory Healthcare Pledge
7. NPI Instructions
8. Medicare Part D Instructions
For questions, please contact the Emory GME office at 404-727-5658 or email email@example.com.