Vin Tangpricha, M.D., Ph.D.
Vin Tangpricha, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Medicine
Personally Authored Bio:
Dr. Tangpricha joined the Division of Endocrinology in 2004. He received his M.D. at Tufts University and his internal medicine residency and endocrinology fellowship at Boston University Medical Center. He completed a PhD in Molecular Medicine on the topic of colon cancer and vitamin D. Dr. Tangpricha established a high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among young healthy adults at the end of winter in Boston. His current research projects include studies to evaluate methods to improve vitamin D status in CF patients, use of vitamin D in cardiovascular disease, evaluation of T-lymphocytes in post-menopausal osteoporosis and investigation in the mechanism of calcium absorption mediated by vitamin D.
To learn more about the Tangpricha laboratory, please visit www.tangpricha.com
Selected peer-reviewed publications (out of 35) 10. Tangpricha V, Turner A, Spina C, Chen TC, Holick MF. Tanning is associated with optimal vitamin D status (serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D) and higher bone mineral density. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 80(6):1645-1649; 2004. PMID: 15585781
11. Tangpricha V, Spina C, Yao M, Chen TC, Wolfe MM, Holick MF. Vitamin D deficiency enhances growth of MC-26 xenografts in Balb/c mice. Journal of Nutrition 135(10):2350-4; 2005. PMID: 16177194
16. Tangpricha V, Luo M, Fernandez-Estivariz C, Gu LH, Bazargan N, Klapproth JM, Sitaraman SV, Galloway JR, Leader JM, Ziegler TZ. Effects of growth hormone therapy on bone density and bone turnover in short bowel syndrome. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 30 (6): 480-486; 2006. PMID: 17047171
18. Chandra P, Wolfenden LL, Ziegler TR, Stecenko A, Chen TC, Holick MF, Tangpricha V. Treatment of vitamin D deficiency with UV light in patients with malabsorption syndromes: a case series. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine 23 (5), 179–185; 2007. PMID: 17803596
19. Chandra P, Binongo JNG, Ziegler TR, Schlanger LE, Someren JT, Tangpricha V. Efficacy of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) therapy in correcting vitamin D insufficiency and secondary hyperparathyroidism in subjects with stage 3 & 4 chronic kidney disease. Endocrine Practice. 2008 Jan-Feb;14(1):10-7. PMID: 18238736
20. Judd SE, Nanes MS, Ziegler TR, Wilson PW, Tangpricha V. Vitamin D status is inversely associated with blood pressure: results from NHANES III. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2008 Jan;87(1):136-41. PMID: 18175747
21. Kumari M., Judd SE, Tangpricha V. Vitamin D Status in U.S. War Veterans. Endocrine Practice. 2008 Jan-Feb;14(1):127-8. PMID: 18238753
22. Wolfenden LL. Judd SE. Shah R. Ziegler TR. Tangpricha V. Vitamin D Status and Bone Health in Cystic Fibrosis Patients. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2008 Sep;69(3):374-81. PMID: 18284636
24. Evatt ML, DeLong MR, Khazai N, Rosen A, Triche S, Tangpricha V. Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency in Subjects with Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Archives of Neurology. 2008 Oct;65(10):1348-52. PMID: 18852350
25. Pepper KJ, Judd SE, Nanes MS, Tangpricha V. Evaluation of Vitamin D Repletion Regimens to Correct Vitamin D Status in Adults. Endocrine Practice. 2009 March; 15 (2): 95 - 103. PMID: 19342361
27. Khazai N. Judd SE. Jeng L. Wolfenden LW. Stecenko A. Ziegler TR. Tangpricha V. Treatment of Vitamin D Insufficiency in Cystic Fibrosis Patients: Comparative Efficacy of Ergocalciferol, Cholecalciferol and UV Light. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2009 Jun;94(6):2037-43. PMID 1933650928.
28. Judd SE. Tangpricha V. Vitamin D Deficiency and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease. American Journal of the Medical Sciences. 2009 Jul;338(1):40-4. PMID: 19593102
29. Jeng L, Yamshchikov A, Martin GS, Blumberg H, Ziegler TR, Tangpricha V. Alterations in Vitamin D Status and Vitamin D Binding Protein in Patients in the ICU . Journal of Translational Medicine. 2009 Apr 23;7:28. PMID: 19389235