Procedures for Physicians to Claim Category 1 CME Credit from Attending Atlanta AAHM
7 February 2013
Physicians attending the AAHM meeting and wishing Category 1 CME credit must follow the following process:
- Physicians requesting Category 1 CME credit should submit information (see below) on the presentations they attended within 4 weeks of the close of the Meeting.
- To receive CME credit for attending a paper presentation at the Meeting, the physician should explain how the content of the paper provided information that could be used to improve care of their patients, the public's health, their administrative roles, or their research.
- The requests for CME will be reviewed and evaluated by a group of Emory physician/historians who serve on Local Arrangement Committee. Additional AAHM physician/historians, selected by the AAHM, may participate in this review process.
- Credits will be awarded in 0.5 credit increments for each 30-minute presentation they attend and for which the Committee judges the physician's request meets the ACCME's definition of CME.
- At the conclusion of the review process, the Local Arrangements Committee judges will create a spreadsheet with the following information:
- Physician attendee's name and email address, both exactly as they used when they registered on line for CME
- The PIN number they selected to create their account when they registered
- The total number of CME credits to be awarded based on the validation review of the committee.
- This spreadsheet will be sent to the Emory OCME and the information will be used to generate the CME certificates that will be e-mailed,within 3 days, to the physicians claiming credits.